Derbyshire Home from Hospital Support Service29/01/2019
South Derbyshire CVS (SDCVS) are pleased to be able to share the news that they have been successful in tendering for the Derbyshire Home from Hospital Support Service. SDCVS will be leading a consortium of voluntary sector organisations from across Derbyshire which includes Amber Valley CVS, Chesterfield Volunteer Centre, Erewash Voluntary Action CVS and Voluntary and Community Services Peaks and Dales. The service will cover the whole of Derbyshire, excluding Derby City, and will be delivered by a combination of staff and volunteers. The aim of the service is to provide practical support for vulnerable people when they leave hospital or for those living at home but at risk of admission to hospital.
The service will provide the following sorts of short term practical support for up to six weeks:
- Undertaking simple shopping and ensuring the client has a plan in place for this at the service end date.
- Making sure the home environment is warm, comfortable and clean.
- Arranging for key safes to be fitted and community alarm or telecare systems to be provided, where this is an identified need.
- Supporting clients to pay bills and make appointments.
- Collecting clients’ medication prescriptions.
- Supporting clients to maintain and improve their social networks.
- Supporting clients to understand care options and plan their future support.
- Signposting to other statutory, voluntary sector and community organisations.
The new contract will start from 1st April 2019, more information will become available as the service is implemented during the next few months. If you would like more information please contact:
Direct Services Manager
South Derbyshire CVS
In the meantime, information about the existing Home from Hospital Services in Derbyshire, which will continue until 31st March 2019, can be found on the link below: